Work at CHC/SEK
Each one of our 400+ employees at the Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas (CHC/SEK) makes a difference to people’s lives every single day. Our staff is dedicated to serving the community by providing high-quality, friendly, affordable healthcare services.
They live by our mission, “do all the good that you can, for all the people that you can, in all the ways that you can for as long as you can.”
What it’s like to work at CHC/SEK
We can promise that no two days will ever be the same – and that requires everyone to be flexible and accommodating both with our patients and with each other. It’s the hardest job you’ll ever have…but also the most rewarding.
What we look for in our employees
We look for highly skilled individuals who take pride in their performance, no matter their role. More importantly we look for people who know how to support their co-workers, ask questions and share ideas. At CHC/SEK, we set high expectations for our staff on how they treat patients and their co-workers.
Current Openings at CHC/SEK
Below you’ll find the current openings at CHC/SEK. Positions are all full-time unless stated otherwise. Full-time positions offer an excellent benefits package including paid health, dental and life insurance, and 23 days of paid time-off.
Simply click on the job title to read the full job description.
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA)- Coffeyville, Kansas School District
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA)- Pittsburg, Kansas
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA)- Pleasanton, Kansas
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA)- Wyandotte, Oklahoma Public Schools
- Medical Assistant (MA) – Iola, Kansas Walk-In Care
- Medical Assistant (MA) – Miami, Oklahoma
- Medical Assistant (MA)- Montgomery County
- Medical Scribe- Arma, Kansas
- Nursing (RN/LPN)- Baxter Springs, Kansas
- Nursing (RN/LPN)- Coffeyville, Kansas
- Nursing (RN/LPN)- Columbus, Kansas
- Nursing (RN/LPN)- Pittsburg, Kansas
- Part Time Pharmacy Technician – Iola, Kansas
- Patient Navigator – Miami, Oklahoma
- Pharmacy Technician
- School Health Nurse (RN/LPN) – Iola, Kansas
- Clinical Psychologist – Iola, Kansas
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LSCSW)- Baxter Springs, Kansas
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LSCSW)- Coffeyville, Kansas
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LSCSW)- Iola, Kansas
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LSCSW)- Parsons, Kansas
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LSCSW)- USD #247 Cherokee, Kansas Schools
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LSCSW)- USD #257 Iola, Kansas
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LSCSW)- USD #445 Coffeyville, Kansas
- Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LSCSW)- USD #248 Girard, Kansas
- Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW)- USD #413 Chanute, Kansas
Behavioral Health/Addiction Treatment
- Administrative Assistant to the General Counsel – Pittsburg, Kansas
- Health Information Specialist – Pittsburg, Kansas
- IT Help Desk Operator – Pittsburg, Kansas
- Registration Clerk- Fort Scott, Kansas Primary Care
- Registration Clerk- Miami, Oklahoma
- Registration Clerk- Pittsburg, Kansas
- Scheduling Clerk – Pittsburg, Kansas
Multiple ways to apply
Interested candidates may submit an online application using the link below, or download and complete an application form and email to “email@example.com.” Applications may also be faxed to 620-240-4353 or mailed to
Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas
PO Box 1832
Pittsburg, KS 66762
Lisa Wells, PharmD
While most pharmacies are driven by profits and metrics, ours is driven by patient care and a mission to ensure that everyone has access to the medications they need. One of my favorite things about being a pharmacist is sitting down with patients to provide medication therapy management, counseling about new medications or to simply answer questions. CHC/SEK understands the importance of having adequate staff on hand to allow pharmacists the time to spend with patients. I am thankful every day for the opportunity to work for a company that truly wants to help people.
Kim Fowler, Registered Dental Hygienist
For me, it’s about paying it forward. My first experience with CHC/SEK came in 2003, before I was part of the staff. My husband and I had lost a business, had no insurance and wondered how we were going to afford physicals for our children to start school. I will always remember the feeling of relief that day as we were not only welcomed but treated with the utmost kindness and respect regardless of my ability to pay for the care we received. When I began working here in 2007, I soon realized that this is how we treat everyone. It is more than just a mission, it’s our culture.
Tawnya Madl, PhD, APRN-C
I began at CHC/SEK in 2013, working in family practice providing patient centered primary care and recently moved to a position focused on education, mentoring, supporting and training our providers. I love being part of an organization that places great emphasis on diverse quality improvement initiatives. The work being done by myself and my colleagues centers on improving quality, access and health outcomes for the patients we serve. Our providers are fortunate to have numerous available resources not conceivable in other clinic settings. If you are looking for a patient centered practice that offers a supportive practice environment, CHC/SEK will be a perfect fit.