Frequently Asked Questions
Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas (CHC/SEK) is proud to be a different kind of healthcare provider, and we understand you may have questions. If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for here, contact us.
What time are CHC/SEK pharmacies open?
- You can click here to check your locations hours!
Can I get my medications refilled on the weekends?
- You can pick up refills at the pharmacy that have been approved or do not require provider approval, such as refills left on your prescription. Approval of refills by the medical team on the weekend is not available. See your clinic’s page for hours.
Do you have a refill line?
- Refills can be ordered on the RefillQuick App! You can click here to download this app.
- Or by calling your pharmacies refill line 24 hours a day
Can I get antibiotics filled without a visit?
- No, you must visit your provider to have antibiotics prescribed.
Is there anyone who can refill my medications when the provider is gone?
- If your primary provider is away, there is a covering provider. Controlled substances may fall outside of this depending on the situation.
Will someone call me once my medication is filled and ready for pick up?
- Our pharmacy offers a text messaging option to notify you that your medications are ready for pick-up. Please let the pharmacy know that you would like to receive text notifications. We will only call you if there is a problem with your prescription.
Do you deliver medication?
- Yes! All of our pharmacies offer FREE delivery within 15 miles of the pharmacy.
Can the CHC/SEK Walk-In Care refill my scripts?
- No, this service is not available at Walk-In Care.
Can the CHC/SEK Walk-In Care give out controlled medications?
- No, Walk-In Care is available for acute visits only and they do not prescribe controlled medications.
If one of my family relatives was diagnosed with something and now I am having the same symptoms do I have to have an appointment?
- Yes, you will have a completely separate diagnosis. We will need to make sure you are not having any other complications of the illness and prescribe the best medication to treat your personalized needs.
- We offer X-ray services in our Baxter Springs, Coffeyville, Iola, Fort Scott, Pittsburg, Parsons, and Pleasanton locations.
- We have a team of people here to assist you with a mammogram at our Pittsburg South and Fort Scott location.
- We offer laboratory services at all of our clinics* during normal business hours as well as at our two walk-in care clinics. Please note that laboratory results can take between two days and two weeks. A faster way to see your results is to sign up for the Patient Portal.
- We perform ultrasounds at our Pittsburg and Fort Scott locations.
- We offer immunizations at all our clinics on a walk-in basis, so you can get what you need when you need it. For other injections, you will need to meet with one of our providers so they can make sure you are getting exactly what you need.
- Our Pittsburg clinic offers vision screening at a lower cost than most optometry locations in this area. Please call us at 620.231.9873 to discuss this process. We also offer free glasses to those who qualify.
- We have two clinics (Fort Scott and Pittsburg) for all of your urgent care needs (see Walk-In Care).
- We offer interpreting services at all of our clinics* during normal business hours as well as at our two walk-in care clinics. Please let us know what interpreting services you need when scheduling an appointment.
- If you need a ride to your appointment please ask us when making an appointment. We offer free transportation based on availability at all of our locations (Fort Scott pending).
- Our Patient Portal is an online login system that gives you access to some parts of your medical records. On the portal, you can:
- Order refills of your medication
- Review your medication list
- Talk to a nurse via email
- See laboratory/diagnostic imaging results
- See upcoming appointments
- Review your medication list
- If you have additional questions about how to login to the Patient Portal, contact us at 620-231-9873.
Insurance, Payments & Financial Assistance
- All commercial insurance, KanCare, Medicaid and Medicare are accepted at all of our facilities. Financial Assistance (FA) is also available for those who qualify.
Are you a free clinic?
- No, however we do offer Financial Assistance for those who qualify to reduce the costs of care at any of our facilities.
How much will I need to pay at my visit?
- We ask that everyone pay their fair share. Therefore, a nominal payment will be requested at the time of service. Depending on your income and the services you require it can be as little as $15 up to your normal insurance co-pay.
I don’t have insurance…now what?
- Depending on your income and your ability to pay, we ask that you pay what you can at the time of your visit. Lack of insurance and/or no insurance coverage is not a determining factor when accessing Financial Assistance discounts.
I don’t have any money…now what?
- We ask that you pay what you can at the time of your visit. We will bill you the remaining balance of your visit’s cost after any insurance and Financial Assistance discounts.
What is a nominal fee?
- This is a charge per visit to cover costs and does NOT create a barrier to care. Basically, that means that we MUST advise every patient that a payment will be requested and they need to pay whatever they can at the time of the visit.
Why are you asking for a payment with all visits?
- This has always been our policy. We ask for all patients to pay what they are able at every visit.
How do I qualify for Financial Assistance?
- To qualify for a discount, you must complete an application and provide proof of income. If you have no income, a letter verifying this status is required.
What benefits do you offer?
- We offer a sliding scale Financial Assistance discount program for those who qualify.
How long will my discount last?
- Your discount will be in effect for 12 months.
Can I still qualify for a discount even if I have health insurance?
- Yes, however we must file your claim with your insurance first.
Where can I use my discount?
- We can only apply discounts to services provided by CHC/SEK.
What is presumptive eligibility for Financial Assistance?
- Presumptive eligibility means patients that are NEW to CHC/SEK have 60 days to return all required documents and proof of income. Until that point CHC/SEK will apply a discount based on the patient’s self-declared income. If all documents and proof of income for Financial Assistance are not completed after 60 days the patient will be billed at full charges.
Is CHC/SEK cheaper than my current doctor?
- That depends on several factors such as your insurance and your income. We do offer Financial Assistance for those who qualify to reduce the costs of care at any of our facilities.
How do I verify my income?
- You must provide one of the following:
- Paycheck: the most recent paycheck of all employed persons in the household
- Income tax return: the most recent income tax return for all employed persons in the household
- Agency letter: letters from the Social Security Administration or Veteran’s Administration must state the monthly income before deductions
- Unemployment agency: a letter from the unemployment agency is acceptable
- Self-declaration: patients with no income or who cannot prove employment may fill out a self-declaration form
- Additional documents required:
- Proof of Address
- Photo ID
Monthly Gross Income Guidelines
|Family of 1||$1,215||$1,616||$2,029||$2,430||$2,431 and higher|
|Family of 2||$1,643||$2,186||$2,744||$3,287||$3,288 and higher|
|Family of 3||$2,072||$2,755||$3,460||$4,143||$4,144 and higher|
|Family of 4||$2,500||$3,325||$4,175||$5,000||$5,001 and higher|
|Medical||$15||$25||$35||$45||100% of Total Charges|
|Physical Therapy||$15||$25||$35||$45||100% of Total Charges|
|Mental Health and ATS||$25||$35||$45||$55||100% of Total Charges|
|Optometry||$25||$35||$45||$55||100% of Total Charges|
|Walk-In Care||$25||$35||$45||$55||100% of Total Charges|
|Dental||$35||$45||$55||$65||100% of Total Charges|