Women’s Health/Family Practice RN-Pittsburg, KS
COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER OF SOUTHEAST KANSAS
POSITION: Nursing (RN/LPN)
REPORTS TO: Lead Nurse
DIRECT REPORTS: None
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The core values of Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas (CHC/SEK) are dignity and stewardship. Each staff member is expected to perform their job duties in a way that preserves dignity for our patients and maintains good stewardship of the Center's resources.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
This position is part of the clinical team. This position is responsible to perform overall nursing care, including triage for walk-in and telephoning patients, immunization administration. Provides communication link between providers and patients on test results, medications, and continuity of care.
- Interview/assess patients for health concerns and obtain health history, including current medication list and allergies and records in EHR.
- Measure vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height.
- Provide injections or treatments as ordered. Perform phlebotomy, EKGs and routine in-house laboratory tests.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients; assures all rooms are clean and dispose of trash in rooms.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments. Inventory and stock medical supplies and materials.
- Maintains consistent patient flow by monitoring scheduling system.
- Transports specimens, equipment or supplies utilizing appropriate and safe techniques.
- Facilitates communication with patient on test results, clinical advice, prescription refills and medication compliance.
- Supports all providers in their care for patients to include specialty specific procedures/tests.
- Collaborates with providers and other multidisciplinary team members to provide complete patient care.
- Performs all duties, services and documentation in full compliance with CHC/SEK policies and procedures.
- Possession of a valid Kansas license as registered nurse or licensed practical nurse.
- Two years nursing experience in an outpatient clinic, preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient-and employee-base
- Demonstrate knowledge of the rationale of appropriate patient care.
- Communicates through appropriate channels. Use proper chain of command for patient complaints.
- Ability to handle emergency situations calmly and effectively.
- Must be computer literate, especially with Microsoft Office products and be able to use the Internet.
- Must be able to maintain good inter-personal relationship with co-workers and other members of the health care team and the organization.
- Provide customer service in accordance to the organization’s mission.
- Be courteous and respectful when interacting with patients and family members.
- Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance to organization’s policy and procedure and HIPAA requirements.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Hazardous material inventory and MSDS available. Wears personal protective equipment as needed. May be exposed to patients/public with communicable diseases.