Women’s Health-Nursing Care Coordinator – Pittsburg, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the clinical team. This position is responsible to perform overall nursing care, including triage for walk-in and telephoning patients, immunization administration. Provides communication link between providers and patients on test results, medications, and continuity of care.
Primary Care Hours
- Review provider schedule in advance to optimize the patient’s visit.
- Develop working understanding of the current UDS measures for patients served. Assess, plan, implement and evaluate continuously the outcomes obtained.
- Review health record for recent hospital stays and ensure hospital records have been received.
- Review health record for information surrounding immunization status, preventive services, and necessary lab testing for the visit. Contact the patient as needed to discuss.
- Ensure health record is up to date with any health information from external sources (i.e. hospitals, WebIZ, etc.).
- Perform medication verification on new patients prior to their visit.
- Follow up with patients on any outstanding orders for testing or specialty care to ensure these services are completed. Answer any questions the patient may have regarding the testing.
- Answers triage and Pharmacy phone calls.
- Serves as the primary contact for Mission Control.
- Assist primary care nursing team with medication refills, prior authorizations and other items needed to provide quality continuous care for patients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Possession of a valid Kansas license as registered nurse or licensed practical nurse.
- Two years nursing experience in an outpatient clinic, preferred.
- Basic Life Support certification upon hire or within six (6) months from date of hire.