EHR Specialist – Pittsburg, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the Electronic Health Record (EHR) team. This position is responsible for promoting a culture of quality documentation and care. Improvements to the EHR and to workflows will create a high quality, and safe patient experience and promote efficient coordination of care. An EHR Specialist works the EHR Helpdesk phone line, trains new users in the system, provides continuing education to all staff, makes updates to the EHR and workflows, collaborates with all staff members and departments to ensure accurate documentation, learns and implements new features of the EHR, travels to all clinic locations, and works well within the EHR team.
- Serves as the first tier of contact for users seeking application assistance over email, phone, or the EHR
- Performs remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions and walk users through processes
- Logs, manages, and follows up on tickets and issues with eClinicalworks in a timely manner
- Identifies and suggests possible improvements on workflows and assists with creating new workflows
- Collaborates with members of the EHR team on a daily basis
- Performs onboarding training for staff members as assigned.
- Produces and updates written and recorded EHR training materials for various disciplines when necessary
- Assists with ongoing development, implementation, and customization of the EHR
- Participates in and reports on various quality initiatives
- Travels to clinics to provide ongoing support and training, as assigned.
- Generates reports as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with an EHR platform or related experience required
- Experience using eClinicalworks preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent healthcare related experience preferred