Community Vaccine Nurse
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Vaccine Nurse will work to ensure immunization program compliance for Community Health Center with all federal, Vaccine for Children (VFC) and Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) vaccine requirements. Responsibility to include maintaining procedures that enable CHC/SEK to meet Uniform Data Systems (UDS) Clinical Quality Measure Criteria.
- Responsible for documenting and administering community vaccine; including patient registration, confirming insurance eligibility, entering demographics, placing on schedule, documenting vaccine given, scanning consent forms and other documents collected during community outreach events.
- Assist Vaccine Compliance Coordinator and Vaccine Support Specialist in identifying, scheduling, and organizing community outreach
- Work with Vaccine Compliance Coordinator to partner with businesses, churches, service providers to serve all patient populations.
- Execute and/or assist in community vaccine outreach events as needed ensuring all CDC, KDHE, OKDH and CHC vaccine transport and administration policies are upheld; ensuring compliance and patient safety measures are in place.
- Work with the CHC CHAT team to identify vaccination needs of patients of all ages according to ACIP immunization guidelines, assist in preparing patient specific vaccine packs the CHAT staff can take and administer to their patients in the community; complete needed data entry upon CHAT staff’s return.
- Work with appropriate staff in identifying businesses that would benefit from outreach events in their facilities. Assist with organization and execution of events as needed, complete all data entry upon completion of events.
- Provide vaccination & data entry support for School Health and School Outreach staff during vaccination events such as enrollments and in-school flu clinics.
- Participates in the development of new and/or enhancement of existing policies and procedures to improve accuracy and quality of the vaccine program.
- Work with Vaccine Compliance Coordinator and Vaccine Support Specialist in overseeing vaccine inventory in the CHC\SEK organization – ensuring vaccine stock to meet outreach demands; assist with stock redistributions and vaccine transport as needed.
- Work with Pittsburg and Pittsburg South Vaccine Coordinators, serving as support in vaccine stock handling and reconciliation processes.
- Maintain current access to Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma State Immunization registries.
- Complete CDC You Call the Shots Vaccine Modules, Storage & Handling and VFC modules required yearly.
- Interview/assess patients for health concerns and obtain health history, including current medication list and allergies and records in EHR.
- Measure vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height.
- Provide injections or treatments as ordered. Perform phlebotomy, EKGs and routine in-house laboratory tests.
- Transports specimens, equipment or supplies utilizing appropriate and safe techniques.
- Collaborates with providers and other multidisciplinary team members to provide complete patient care.
- Performs all duties, services and documentation in full compliance with CHC/SEK policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Licensed nurse in the state of Kansas required. Multi-State Licensure preferred.
- Knowledge of current vaccine schedules, recommendations and guidelines required.
- Valid Driver’s License as travel is required for this position.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.