Substance Abuse Counselor -Multiple Locations
Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas is looking for Substance Abuse Counselors for the following locations:
Fort Scott, KS
The Substance Abuse Counselor supports the integrated model of care by assisting the Care Team ensuring that patients are connected to needed resources and services essential to meeting short and long-term goals as defined in the team’s care plan.
- Is available for immediate consultations with members of the Care Team per the SBIRT protocol for those patients in critical need of timely interventions.
- Administers comprehensive drug and alcohol screenings, assessments and evaluations to patients and assists in determining appropriate follow-up based upon test results and interviews.
- Coordinates client services ranging from assessment and treatment planning through discharge and aftercare.
- Facilitates individual, group and family counseling sessions that promote positive interaction, encourage group socialization, group cohesiveness and unity among clients/patients.
- Prioritizes identified problems that require resolutions and, in collaboration with the care team, establishes goals and objectives, utilizes available resources and makes decisions appropriate for patient-based treatment planning.
- Consults with care team and other professionals as necessary before implementing recommendations to ensure quality care.
- Utilizes diagnostic interviews, behavioral observations and team notes to assess patient’s strengths and weaknesses, as well as other areas to be incorporated into treatment planning.
- Documents treatment goals and progress in the medical record and completes all required treatment documentation.
- Communicates effectively with staff.
- Submits information to referral sources and ancillary service providers as requested.
- Aids in patient decision making by promoting positive attitudes, feelings of awareness and change and building self-esteem.
- A Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, marriage and family therapy or other closely related field.
- Requires certification/licensure as a Substance Abuse Counselor through the State of Kansas.
- Dual licensure in Mental Health and Substance Abuse preferred.
- Minimum of two years of supervised experience delivering substance abuse treatment.
- Detailed understanding of addiction counselor core competencies and the treatment model utilized.