Specialty Pharmacy Technician-Pittsburg, KS
COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER OF SOUTHEAST KANSAS
POSITION: Specialty Pharmacy Technician
REPORTS TO: Pharmacist in Charge/Pharmacy Director
The core values of Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas (CHC/SEK) are dignity and stewardship. Each staff member is expected to perform their job duties in a way that preserves dignity for our patients and maintains good stewardship of the Center's resources.
This position is part of the clinical team. This position is responsible for providing patients with friendly, efficient and timely delivery of Provider prescribed medications that have been filled by the licensed Pharmacist.
- Provides positive impression, through words and tone, to patients, visitors, and employees.
- Interact with public and staff-actively engaging and finding ways to assist.
- Initiates the patient intake process, which includes gathering and entering detailed information about the patient and the patient’s prescription into the pharmacy’s computer.
- Assisting patients with copayment assistance, including copayment cards, programs, foundations, or grant support.
- Coordinating prior authorization of medications as needed.
- Operates cash register, handling cash and other tenders of payment such as vouchers, debit and credit cards and balance registers. Correctly communicates copays to patients and receives approval before billing.
- Read and interpret physician’s medication orders.
- Aid in filling, processing, and dispensing medications.
- Answers telephone, responding to questions and requests, seeking guidance from a Pharmacist, if assistance is needed.
- Ordering specialty medications in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Performs all duties, services and documentation in full compliance with CHC/SEK policies and procedures.
- Performs additional duties, as may be assigned.
- Reports to the Pharmacist in charge.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Pharmacy Tech License.
- Nationally Certified by taking/passing the CPhT, preferred.
- Computer Literacy and ability to read and comprehend written information.
- Problem solving and evaluation abilities.
- Able to communicate with others to effectively convey information.
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient-and employee-base.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Computer work is frequent. Good lighting and comfortable temperature of ventilation at all times