School Health Assistant (Mobile Bus) – Pittsburg, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the School Health clinical team. This position assistant with daily tasks, such as registering patients, verification of insurance. This position may also function as a Medical Assistant, including giving injections, measuring vital signs and ensuring the exam rooms are stocked and clean. This position will also assist the Coordinator with various programs, including school health, KidCare connection van, dental outreach, Head Start health programming, and medical outreach programming.
- Registers patients and enters insurance information, including scanning documents, to the EHR.
- Interviews patients, measure vital signs, such as pulse rate temperature, blood pressure, weight, height, updates medication list and allergies at each visit and records information in EHR.
- Provides injections or treatments and performs routine laboratory tests.
- Prepares stations for an examination of patients; assures all areas are clean.
- Inventories medical supplies and materials.
- Maintains consistent patient flow by monitoring scheduling system.
- Supports Providers in patient care to include specialty procedures/tests.
- Maintains flexibility in daily tasks, as this position may be asked to substitute for school nursing.
- Van duties
- Drives van to scheduled sites with set up completed by 7:45 am.
- Sets up and breaks down van-including inserting jack stabilizers and outlet hookup.
- Maintains can with gas and water supply.
- Transports patients to specialty appointments (i.e., eye care, audiology, ect.)
- Transports vaccines, supplies and mail to Mobile Van using appropriate and safe techniques.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certified as a CNA/CMA preferred.
- Valid Driver's License required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient-and employee-base.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the rationale of appropriate patient care.
- Communicates through appropriate channels. Use the proper chain of command fro patient complaints.
- Ability to handle emergency situations calmly and effectively.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be able to maintain a good interpersonal relationship with co-workers and other members of the health care team and the organization.
- Provide customer service in accordance with the organization's mission.
- Be courteous and respectful when interacting with patients and family members.
- Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance to organization's policy and procedure and HIPAA requirements.