School COVID Nurse – USD 506 Labette County School District
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the School Health team with responsibility in COVID testing, contact tracing and reporting.
10 Month work agreement.
Travel is a requirement for this position.
- Serves as the point of contact for the district related to COVID testing, reporting, and education.
- Performs antigen testing of students and staff.
- Responsible for reporting test results to appropriate agencies, such as the county health department and/or KDHE.
- Performs contact tracing.
- Provides education to students, parents and staff as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Licensed Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Kansas; to obtain multi state licensure within 90 days of employment.
- BLS certification required (must obtained within six (6) months from date of hire).
- Previous experience in a school health setting preferred.
- Previous experience in pediatrics preferred.
- Knowledge of Vaccine recommendations and guidelines
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Ability to interact with school staff and understanding of The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA).