School Based Clinic Coordinator
The core values of Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas (CHC/SEK) are dignity and stewardship. Each staff member is expected to perform their job duties in a way that preserves dignity for our patients and maintains good stewardship of the Center’s resources.
This position is part of the School Health team. This position is responsible for a variety of care management activities with a focus on ensuring that all students receive the support they need. This position will identify areas of reeducation needs, they will coordinate training needs and serve as a liaison among school health staff, to help create continuity around the organization as related to patient quality, experience and satisfaction.
- Responsible for orientation of new school-based health center staff.
- Observes and provides feedback on the practice of the school-based health center staff to ensure appropriate patient care, as well as proper implementation of the required programs and required district screening programs.
- Serves as the primary contact for school-based health center staff (scheduling/changes/updates/coordination of staff).
- Collaborates with providers and other multidisciplinary team members to provide complete patient care.
- Ensure the proper usage of the electronic health record and school health record, as appropriate documentation system.
- Provide individual professional advice and support to the school-based health staff as needed.
- In absence of a CHC/SEK school-based health center nurse this position will travel to provide coverage.
- Travel to all school-based health center sites for training and implementation processes as needed
- Participates in the development of new and/or enhancement of existing policies, procedures, and programs, to improve accuracy and quality of all aspects of the school health program.
- Assists with developing new and/or refining existing health improvement initiative’s to best meet the health needs of students, ensuring program utilizes evidence-based practices and reach targeted population.
- Stays current with Advisory Committee on Immunizations Practices, Immunization Action Coalition, Center for Disease Control, and Kansas Department of Health and Environment regulations that impact the program.
- Responsible for coordination of care with outside sources.
- Provides Kan Be Health exams under the director of a pediatrician.
- Works in conjunction with the director of school nursing, school event coordinator, vaccine compliancy coordinator, practice management and regional nursing directors.
- Works independently with minimal supervision, working toward accomplishment of established goals.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Licensed Registered nurse in the State of Kansas; to obtain multi state licensure within 90 days of employment
- To obtain certification to perform Kan Be Healthy exams within 90 days of employment
- Previous experience in a school health setting preferred.
- Previous experience in pediatrics preferred.
- Knowledge of Vaccine recommendations and guidelines
- Valid Driver’s License required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient-and employee-base.
- Communicates through appropriate channels. Use proper chain of command for patient complaints.
- Ability to handle emergency situations calmly and effectively.
- Must be computer literate and able to navigate through the Electronic Health Record.
- Must be able to maintain good inter-personal relationship with co-workers and other members of the health care team and the organization.
- Provide customer service in accordance to the organization’s mission.
- Be courteous and respectful when interacting with patients and family members.
- Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance to organization’s policy and procedure and HIPAA requirements.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to situ; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Computer work is frequent. Good lighting and comfortable temperature of ventilation at all times.