Scheduling Clerk- Pittsburg, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the clerical team. This position is responsible for helping to ensure that medical, behavioral health and dental appointments are scheduled in an efficient, accurate, and timely manner. This position may be the first interaction that patients have with Community Health and practices should not create barriers to care.
- Provides positive impression, through words and tone, to patients, visitors, and employees presenting and calling to the scheduling department.
- Answers calls in a timely manner.
- Responds to patient phone and messages to schedule appointments meeting the timeliness goals established by CHC/SEK.
- Provides appointments for patients following the guidelines for patient types of established, urgent, emergent for all specialties.
- Enters appointment accurately in the scheduling system, including making adjustment as needed.
- Serves as a resource for providers, clinical support staff in meeting same-day appointments goals.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in a clinic, healthcare setting, or call setting, preferred.
- Computer literacy.
- Able to communicate with others to effectively convey information.
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patients and employee base.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.