Risk/Quality Data Analyst-Pittsburg, KS
POSITION: Risk/Quality Data Analyst
REPORTS TO: Director of Risk Management
DIRECT REPORTS: As assigned
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
The core values of Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas (CHC/SEK) are dignity and stewardship. Each staff member is expected to perform their job duties in a way that preserves dignity for our patients and maintains good stewardship of CHC/SEK's resources.
The Risk/Quality Data Analyst (R/Q Data Analyst) will be assist CHC/SEK’s Compliance Department (e.g. Risk Management, Quality Improvement, and Health Information teams) eliminate and minimize inefficiencies, risk management concerns, quality improvement concerns, and associated operational concerns through the development, monitoring, and improvement of the collection and analysis of data, information, and associated reports. As directed, the R/Q Data Analyst will ensure that appropriate CHC/SEK Key Management Staff, vice presidents, and directors have data and reports necessary to make informed decisions regarding compliance and operational concerns, as these concerns relate to CHC/SEK.
Data Development and Collection:
- As directed by CHC/SEK’s Director of Risk Management, develops and collects applicable data related to CHC/SEK compliance concerns (e.g. risk management, quality improvement, peer review preparation, fitness for duty, etc.).
- As directed by CHC/SEK’s Director of Risk Management, develops, collects, and monitors applicable data (e.g. COVID data/information, flu vaccine, laboratory, diagnostic imaging, etc.) to ensure appropriate compliance with applicable federal and/or state regulatory bodies (e.g. HRSA, KDHE).
- As directed by CHC/SEK’s Director of Risk Management, monitors CHC/SEK’s services and products, through the collection and organization of data, to ensure compliance with relevant regulations, standards, and claim requirements.
- As directed by CHC/SEK’s Director of Risk Management, monitors CHC/SEK’s services and products, through the collection and organization of data, to ensure organizational goals are being satisfied.
- At all times, ensures that data is translated in formats (e.g. spreadsheets, dashboards, models) for appropriate use by CHC/SEK Key Management Staff, vice presidents, and directors.
Compliance/Medical Record System Assistance:
- As directed by CHC/SEK’s Director of Risk Management, and, as necessary, with additional assistance/guidance from CHC/SEK’s Chief Compliance Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Information Officer, and Chief Clinical Officer, monitors rules, data, and inefficiencies within CHC/SEK’s health information system to appropriately address compliance, clinical, and operational concerns within CHC/SEK’s health information system (e.g. referral issues, visit type issues, duplicate accounts, etc.).
- As directed, engages in cross-functional tasks to address compliance issues, operational issues, and clinical issues related to CHC/SEK’s health information system and ensure appropriate actions are taken to track implementation of these tasks (e.g. changes in EHR workflows, changes in visit type rules, etc.).
- Under the direction of CHC/SEK’s Director of Risk Management, helps perform complex administrative-related functions to ensure data, and associated analysis, is ready and available (e.g. data necessary to determine if CHC/SEK should provide a new service).
- Under the direction of CHC/SEK’s Director of Risk Management, provides data to applicable leads of CHC/SEK committees (e.g. Safety Committee and Quality Committee).
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Two years of healthcare/data analysis experience preferred.
- Experience/skill with spreadsheets and software applications (e.g. Excel, Access, PowerPoint) required.
- Demonstrated experience/skill working through health information system(s).
- Demonstrated experience and in-depth knowledge with auditing data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions, and problem solve.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient-and employee-base.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the rationale of appropriate patient care.
- Must be organized and able to manage/prioritize tasks to meet deadlines, adapts to change in a positive manner, able to work as a part of a team.
- Communicates through appropriate channels. Use proper chain of command for patient complaints.
- Ability to handle emergency situations calmly and effectively.
- Must be computer literate, especially with Microsoft Office products and be proficient with the Electronic Health Record software.
- Must be able to maintain good inter-personal relationship with co-workers and other members of the health care team and the organization.
- Provide customer service in accordance to the organization’s mission.
- Be courteous and respectful when interacting with patients and family members.
- Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance to organization’s policy and procedure and HIPAA requirements.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Computer work is frequent. Good lighting and comfortable temperature of ventilation at all times. Operating a vehicle is a regular requirement of the position.