Revenue Cycle Manager – Pittsburg, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Revenue Cycle Manager is responsible for overseeing the entry of data necessary for the collection of revenue from third party payers, as well as individual patients. This position collects data on billing issues and develops education/training for billing staff. The Revenue Cycle Manager is a resource for members of the billing/coding team needing assistance, working in conjunction with the Director of Revenue Cycle. This position has the potential to have significant time interacting with patient, payers, public on the phone, as such, excellent communication skills are required.
- Oversee the billing function of the revenue team and works with billing and coding specialists to accomplish all required tasks.
- Track and trend billing issues for resolution and development of education/training opportunities for staff. Compiles and prepares various status reports to analyze trends and make recommendations.
- Ensure compliance with CMS and other applicable billing/insurance agencies.
- Develop and implement a system to track staff productivity and address issues as needed, in conjunction with Director of Revenue Cycle.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with ECW/RCM staff to maximize timely and accurate collections.
- Provides support to patients and billing/coding specialists in resolving patient concerns/complaints.
- Enhance and standardize workflow processes throughout the revenue cycle and handles personnel matters, such as hiring, discipline and evaluating performance.
- Provides orientation and training to billing staff. Designs, develops and recommend training programs that are relevant and necessary for continuous development.
- Knowledgeable of Fraud and Abuse regulations and works with all staff to ensure compliance.
- Work with Director of Revenue Cycle to maintain a program to address claim denials; providing reports to appropriate supervisory staff or provider staff.
- Assists billing staff with verifying/creating invoices for payment.
- Set performance expectations and drive personal accountability.
- Facilitate special projects.
- May function as a billing/coding specialist as outlined in job descriptions.
- Maintain current knowledge of billing requirements for all payers.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in healthcare billing required.
- Knowledge of coding standards preferred.
- Certified Professional Coder or Certified Professional Billing certification (or willingness to become certified).