Registration Clerk- Parsons, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the clerical team. This position is responsible for assuring the patient demographic information is accurate and complete. The quality of the data entry determines the accurate processing of patient accounts. This position's responsibilities may vary with clinic site. This position may be the first interaction that patients have with Community Health and practices should not create barriers to care.
- Provides positive impression, through words and tone, to patients, visitors, and employees presenting to the clinic.
- Checks in/outpatients and makes any follow-up appointments and addresses any questions they have regarding additional visits.
- Oversees the waiting area, coordinating patient movement, and presents any problems or irregularities to the supervisor.
- Enter accurate data on patient demographics, payer source.
- Obtain patient consents per the policy of CHC/SEK.
- Demonstrates an understanding of insurance guidelines to obtain the required information in order to assure that accounts are processed without denial.
- Assists patients with paperwork for financial assistance.
- Responds to patient's needs by obtaining available clinic resources such as translation services, patient navigator, eligibility coordinator.
- Answer clinic phones providing excellent customer service, directing calls to the appropriate location.
- Completes reminder calls meeting timeliness goals.
- Process reports assuring accounts are discharged.
- Secure the clinic upon closing.
- Collects and processes patient payments to assure accurate posting on account and reconciliation of monies collected.
- Demonstrates understanding of the registration guidelines established for the specialties within the clinic.
- Schedule patients per policy.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in a clinic, healthcare setting, or call setting, preferred.
- Computer literacy.
- Able to communicate with others to effectively convey information.
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patients and employee base.