Registered Nurse (RN) – Yates Center, Kansas School District USD 366
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the school-based health team. This position is responsible for nonemergency health care for students. Coordinating state-required health screenings. This
position provides the communication link between counselors, teachers, parents regarding student's health and wellness. Supports individualized health care plans for students with
- Provides positive impression, through words and tone, to students, parents, staff, and visitors presenting to the clinic.
- Coordinate a program of communicable disease control based on Kansas immunization laws by assessing and monitoring the immunization status of each student.
- Coordinate with parents options to assure student compliance with immunization requirements.
- Maintains student medications following district polices on medication administration.
- Coordinate completion of student health record and maintain a cumulative health record for each student per the system used by District.
- Communicate/consult with parents, teachers, counselors, administration, as appropriate, concerning student's individual health needs.
- Provide ongoing nursing support for students with identified conditions that necessitate consistent monitoring. ·
- Organize and conduct student health appraisals to include a medical examination, vision and hearing screenings, and height/weight measurements meeting state regulations.
- Coordinate the care for students who are injured or who become ill at school.
- Assist in providing emergency care for accidents and sudden illness of students until parents assume responsibility.
- Submit accurate and timely reports as required by various health/state agencies.
- Observe District reporting requirements for student illness, accidents, safety hazards or unsanitary conditions.
- Adhere to all district health and safety policies, including all precautions of the Blood Borne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
- Participate in the District emergency preparedness plan as required.
- Comply with state and federal privacy/confidentiality requirements, HIPAA & FERPA.
- Maintain supplies for clinic observing District policies for ordering supplies.
- Establishes communication and referral process for students to utilize the school-based health clinic.
- Provide staffing at clinic as schedule permits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possession of a valid Kansas license as registered nurse or licensed practical nurse.
- Two years nursing experience in an outpatient clinic, preferred.
- Able to communicate with others to effectively convey information.
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse student, patient, and employee populations.
- Computer literacy.