Radiology Technologist/Medical Assistant – Iola, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Radiology Technologist/Medical Assistant is a part of the Clinical team. This position performs radiographic procedures at a technical level, not requiring constant supervision of technical details. Primary responsibility for this position will be to produce radiographs (x-rays) to aid in the diagnosis of a medical problem. This position is also cross trained in the role of a medical assistant to be used as an integral part of the clinical team.
- Communicates with patient explaining the diagnostic process.
- Uses radiology equipment to produce images of the body for diagnostic purposes, as directed by the physician.
- Reviews and evaluates images to determine if images are satisfactory for diagnostic purposes prior to sending to PACS.
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of the technical skills required in radiologic procedures ensuring radiation safety.
- Possess the ability to manipulate x-ray equipment.
- Has a working knowledge of how to select and manipulate exposure factors.
- Ability to lift, move or transport patients as their condition dictates.
- Performs related duties of a Medical Assistant to include but not limited to: vital signs of blood pressure, pulse rate, temperature, respirations, height and weight.
- Performs routine venipuncture and other specimen collation for the purposes of in-house and send-out testing.
- Supports all providers in the care of patients.
- Ensures that all required documentation is part of the patient’s medical record and for billing purposes.
- Demonstrates professional and effective communication with colleagues.
- Attend and successfully complete all required training programs; participate in ongoing conference calls, webinars and other professional development opportunities. Main KS RT licensure and/or ARRT and required CEU’s each calendar year.
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship with referring agencies and other providers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Current Kansas RT license and/or ARRT.
- Prior work experience as a Radiology Technologist preferred.
- Valid driver’s license, as travel may be necessary.