DEPARTMENT: Behavioral Health
REPORTS TO: Director of Behavioral Health and Addiction Services
DIRECT REPORTS: None
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The core values of Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas, Inc. (CHC/SEK) are dignity and stewardship. Each staff member is expected to perform their job duties in a way that preserves dignity for our patients and maintains good stewardship of CHC/SEK’s resources.
This position is part of the behavioral health clinical team. This position diagnoses or evaluates mental and emotional disorders of individuals, and administers programs of treatment. This position participates in performance improvement activities.
- Treats psychological disorders to effect improved adjustments.
- Performs psychological testing and evaluations.
- Selects approach to use in individual therapy, plan frequency, intensity, and duration of therapy.
- Observes patient in play or other situations, and selects, administrators, and interprets intelligence, achievement, interest, personality, and other psychological tests to diagnose disorders, and formulate plan of treatment.
- Collaborates, as needed, with Psychiatrist and other specialists in developing treatment plans for patients.
- Responsible to make appropriate referrals to internal disciplines of CHC/SEK and/or external resources/agencies for additional services required.
- Provides clinical consultation to other providers within CHC/SEK as needed.
- Responsible for accurate, timely, and clear medical record documentation.
- Provides clear written and oral communication to patients/guardians, and employees
- Available for postdoctoral fellow supervision two hours per week as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Full licensure to practice as a Psychologist in the State of Kansas.
- Graduate of college/university.
- Completion of one-year experience in clinic setting, preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient-and employee-base.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the rationale of appropriate patient care.
- Must be organized and able to manage/prioritize tasks to meet deadlines, adapts to change in a positive manner, able to work as a part of a team.
- Communicates through appropriate channels. Use proper chain of command for patient complaints.
- Ability to handle emergency situations calmly and effectively.
- Must be computer literate, especially with Microsoft Office products and be proficient with the Electronic Health Record software.
- Must be able to maintain good inter-personal relationship with co-workers and other members of the health care team and the organization.
- Provide customer service in accordance to the organization’s mission.
- Be courteous and respectful when interacting with patients and family members.
- Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance to organization’s policy and procedure and HIPAA requirements.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.