Practice Manager-Arma/Pittsburg, KS
POSITION: Practice Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
DIRECT REPORTS: Registration Clerks, Dental Assistants (depending on clinic) and others as assigned. In conjunction with Regional Director of Nursing assists with daily supervision of clinical staff, such as nursing, medical assistants and scribes.
The core values of Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas, Inc. (CHC/SEK) are dignity and stewardship. Each staff member is expected to perform their job duties in a way that preserves dignity for our patients and maintains good stewardship of the CHC/SEK’s resources.
This position is part of the management team. This position is responsible for the day to day operations of the clinic, including supervision of the clinic staff. Assures that patient has access to care without barriers. Coordinates administrative and clerical staff to assure quality patient care and patient and employee safety.
- Supervises clerical staff with support from Director of Operations. May supervise dental staff, depending on the clinic. This includes discipline, evaluation and hiring of staff.
- Manages consistent patient flow through oversight of patient reception, registration and checkout procedures.
- Manages provider schedules, consults and outreach schedules.
- Monitors procedures to assure patients access to care through patient scheduling and collections.
- Supports clinical staff in their care for patients to include proper referral of patient phone calls and requests.
- Monitors quality of patient demographic entered into electronic record.
- Maintains safety procedures within clinic.
- Works with the Lead Nurse to ensure continuity between clinical and administrative/clerical functions.
- Serves as the primary contact for facility related issues in clinics with no maintenance staff.
- Handles (and refers when appropriate) patient complaints.
- Actively participates in the delivery of quality services by providing ongoing training, and development of staff.
- On occasion, may represent CHC/SEK at community events.
- Performs all duties and services in full compliance with CHC/SEK policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Degree in health-care administration or related field, preferred
- Any combination of education and work experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient-and employee-base
- Communicates through appropriate channels. Use proper chain of command for patient complaints.
- Ability to handle emergency situations calmly and effectively.
- Must be computer literate, especially with Microsoft Office products and be able to use the Internet.
- Must be able to maintain good inter-personal relationship with co-workers and other members of the health care team and the organization.
- Provide customer service in accordance to the organization’s mission.
- Be courteous and respectful when interacting with patients and family members.
- Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance to organization’s policy and procedure and HIPAA requirements.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to operate computer keyboard, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Computer work is frequent. Good lighting and comfortable temperature of ventilation at all times