Practice Manager – Linn County, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the management team. This position is responsible for the day to day operations of the clinic, including supervision of the clinic staff. Assures that patient has access to care without barriers. Coordinates administrative and clerical staff to assure quality patient care and patient and employee safety.
- Supervises clerical staff with support from Director of Operations. May supervise dental staff, depending on the clinic. This includes discipline, evaluation and hiring of staff.
- Manages consistent patient flow through oversight of patient reception, registration and checkout procedures.
- Manages provider schedules, consults and outreach schedules.
- Monitors procedures to assure patients access to care through patient scheduling and collections.
- Supports clinical staff in their care for patients to include proper referral of patient phone calls and requests.
- Monitors quality of patient demographic entered into electronic record.
- Maintains safety procedures within clinic.
- Works with the Lead Nurse to ensure continuity between clinical and administrative/clerical functions.
- Serves as the primary contact for facility related issues in clinics with no maintenance staff.
- Handles (and refers when appropriate) patient complaints.
- Actively participates in the delivery of quality services by providing ongoing training, and development of staff.
- On occasion, may represent CHC/SEK at community events.
- Performs all duties and services in full compliance with CHC/SEK policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Degree in health-care administration or related field, preferred
- Any combination of education and work experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying