Practice Manager- Iola
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the management team. This position is responsible for the supervision of the clinic staff in revenue cycle operations. Assures that patent has access to care without barriers. Coordinates administrative and clerical staff to assure quality patient care and patient and employee safety.
- Supervises clerical staff with support form Director of Operations.
- Manages consistent patient flow through oversight of patient reception, registration, and checkout procedures.
- Supports clinical staff in their care for patients to include proper referral of patient phone calls and requests.
- Monitor the quality of patient demographics entered into the electronic record.
- Maintains safety procedures within the clinic.
- Works with the Lead Nurse to ensure continuity in administrative and clerical functions.
- Serves as the primary contact for facility-related issues in clinics with no maintenance staff.
- Handles (and refers when appropriate) patient complaints.
- Performs all duties and services in full compliance with CHC/SEK policies and procedures.
- Actively participates in the delivery of quality services by providing ongoing training, and development of staff.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Degree in health-care administration or related field preferred.
- Any combination of education and work experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient-and employee-base.
- Communicates through appropriate channels. Use the proper chain of command for patient complaints.
- Ability to handle emergency situations calmly and effectively.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be able to maintain good interpersonal relationships with co-workers and other members of the health care team and the organization.
- Provide customer service in accordance to the organization's mission.
- Be courteous and respectful when interacting with patients and family members.
- Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance to organization's policy and procedure and HIPAA reuqirements.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.