Population Health Support Specialist-Pittsburg, KS
POSITION: Population Health Support Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Practice Transformation
REPORTS TO: Population Health Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: None
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The core values of Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas (CHC/SEK) are dignity and stewardship. Each staff member is expected to perform their job duties in a way that preserves dignity for our patients and maintains good stewardship of the Center's resources.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Practice Transformation department works to enhance patient health, improve the health of populations, reduce the cost of care, and create efficiencies in CHC/SEK’s system of care. This is achieved through the identification, management and outreach to groups (such as children or diabetics), as well as through projects to improve clerical and clinical workflows to meet quality goals, measures, and standards of care for the patient population in general.
The Population Health Support Specialist is a critical team member that promotes and supports the Practice Transformation Department by providing a variety of outreach duties such proactive calls regarding preventive services, gaps in care, and the medically disengaged. This position may also provide direct-targeted patient care, such as on outreach events.
- Makes proactive calls/schedule appointments for Medicare Annual Wellness Visits, Well Woman Exams, Well Child Checks, other preventive care services.
- Supports care coordination team for providing services to patients such as communicating normal lab results, scheduling follow up visits, etc.
- Deliver prescription medications to patients in need.
- Perform health screening assessments and/or Social Determinants of Health screening in an outreach setting.
- Participates in quality improvement activities and data collection.
- Assists with audits and studies as directed.
- Coordinate patient care with Population Health nursing staff.
- Enters appointment accurately in the scheduling system, including making adjustments as needed.
- Verifies patient demographic information with the patient and updates information into the system as needed.
- Communicates with the patient regarding necessary information that he/she may need to bring with them to assist with their registration experience.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in clinic, healthcare setting, or call setting, preferred.
- Medical terminology, preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient-and employee-base
- Demonstrate knowledge of the rationale of appropriate patient care.
- Communicates through appropriate channels. Use proper chain of command for patient complaints.
- Must be computer literate and become proficient with CHC/SEK’s electronic health record.
- Provides positive impression, through words and tone, to patients, visitors and employees presenting and calling to the scheduling department.
- Performs all duties and services in full compliance with CHC/SEK policies and procedures.
- Must be able to maintain good inter-personal relationship with co-workers and other members of the health care team and the organization.
- Provide customer service in accordance to the organization’s mission.
- Be courteous and respectful when interacting with patients and family members.
- Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance to organization’s policy and procedure and HIPAA requirements.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Travel is required throughout the service area.