Population Health Support Specialist – Pittsburg, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Practice Transformation department works to enhance patient health, improve the health of populations, reduce the cost of care, and create efficiencies in CHC/SEK's system of care.
This is achieved through the identification, management, and outreach to groups (such as children or diabetics), as well as through projects to improve clerical and clinical workflows to meet quality goals, measures, and standards of care for the patient population in general. The Population Health Support Specialist is a critical team member that promotes and supports the Practice Transformation Department by providing a variety of outreach duties such as proactive calls regarding preventive services, gaps in care, and the medically disengaged. This position may also provide direct-targeted patient care, such as on outreach events.
- Makes proactive calls/schedule appointments for Medicare Annual Wellness Visits, Well Woman Exams, Well Child Checks, other preventive care services.
- Supports care coordination team for providing services to patients such as communicating normal lab results, schedule follow up visits, etc.
- Deliver prescription medications to patients in need.
- Perform health screening assessments and/or Social Determinants of Health screening in an outreach setting.
- Participates in quality improvement activities and data collection.
- Assists with audits and studies as directed.
- Coordinate patient care with Population Health nursing staff.
- Enters appointment accurately in the scheduling system, including making adjustments as needed.
- Verifies patient demographic information with the patient and updates information into the system as needed.
- Communicates with the patient regarding necessary information that he/she may need to bring with them to assist with their registration experience.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in a clinic, healthcare setting, or call setting, preferred.
- Medical terminology preferred.