Population Health Nurse – Pittsburg, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Practice Transformation department works to enhance patient health, improve the health of populations, reduce the cost of care, and create efficiencies in CHC/SEK’s system of care. This is achieved through the identification, management and outreach to groups (such as children or diabetics), as well as through projects to improve clerical and clinical workflows to meet quality goals, measures, and standards of care for the patient population in general.
The Population Health Nurse is a critical team member, bringing a clinical focus to the management of disease, care coordination and system improvement. In order to be effective and efficient, this position assists in obtaining patient information prior to an appointment, triages patient concerns over the phone, and performs proactive calls regarding preventive services. This position may also provide direct targeted patient care, such as on outreach events.
- Makes proactive calls, for annual exams, Well Child Checks, other preventive care services.
- Provide disease management support and care coordination services to patients.
- Assist Director of Practice Transformation with data analysis.
- Participates in quality improvement activities.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement and develops related plans of action and implements processes.
- Conducts audits and studies as directed; prepares reports associated with the same.
- Coordinates and communicates with health plans as appropriate.
- Assists in provider and support staff education regarding population health initiatives.
- Assists with general community outreach events, such as health fairs, wellness events, speaking engagements to promote overall health and wellness. Also may provide similar services to CHC/SEK employees.
- May coordinate specific CHC/SEK programs (such as vaccines, women’s health, etc.) to ensure that populations have access to services.
- May provide direct patient care (such as flu shot administration or Kan-Be-Healthys, etc.) as directed.
- Schedule patient appointments as necessary.
- Contact new and/or existing patients prior to an appointment and obtain a complete medical history, including a list of current medications, etc.
- Provides basic nursing services as outlined in nursing job description as needed.
- Coordinate patient care with clinical nursing staff.
- Performs all duties and services in full compliance with CHC/SEK policies and procedures.
- Possession of a valid Kansas Registered Nurse license.
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Nursing.
- Preferably two years nursing experience in an outpatient clinics.
- Basic Life Support certification required.