Pharmacy Technician (Part Time)- Columbus, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the clinical team. This position is responsible for providing patients with friendly, efficient and timely delivery of Provider prescribed medications that have been filled by the licensed Pharmacist. The Pharmacy Tech I may be trained by Pharmacy Tech II.
- It provides positive impression, through words and tone, to patients, visitors, and employees presenting to the clinic areas.
- Interact face to face with public and staff-actively engaging and finding ways to assist.
- Operates cash register, handling cash and other tenders of payment such as vouchers, debit and credit cards and balance registers
- Answers telephone, responding to questions and requests, seeking guidance from a Tech II or Lead Tech, if assistance is needed.
- Actively shelves inventory.
- Performs all duties, services, and documentation in full compliance with CHC/SEK policies and procedures.
- Performs additional duties, as may be assigned.
- Reports to Pharmacy lead tech and /or the Pharmacist.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Pharmacy Tech License
- Nationally Certified by taking/passing the CPhT, preferred
- Computer Literacy and the ability to read and comprehend written information.
- Must complete and pass online course-annually.
- Problem-solving and evaluation abilities.
- Able to communicate with others to effectively convey information.
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient-and employee-base.