Pharmacy Technician – Fort Scott, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the Communication Center clinical team. This position is responsible for taking calls from patients regarding medication refills, questions about medications they may be taking, and directing phone calls to appropriate personnel as needed. This position will also be trained to schedule patient appointments as necessary.
- Answer patient calls directed to CHC/SEK's pharmacy.
- Make calls to promote CHC/SEK services to existing patients not currently utilizing CHC/SEK's pharmacy.
- Work with patients and other pharmacies to complete prescription transfer requests.
- Enter medication refill request.
- Schedule patient appointments as necessary.
- Maintain a close working relationship with CHC/SEK pharmacy staff, attends pharmacy staff meetings and is attuned to changes in pharmacy personnel, policies, and procedures.
- Perform additional duties, as may be assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Pharmacy Tech License.
- Nationally Certified by taking/passing the CPhT, preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient- and employee base.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the rationale of appropriate patient care.
- Communicates through appropriate channels. Use the proper chain of command for patient complaints.
- Ability to handle emergency situations calmly and effectively.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be able to maintain a good interpersonal relationship with co-workers and other members of the health care team and the organization.
- Provide customer service in accordance with the organization's mission. Be courteous and respectful when interacting with patients and family members.
- Be courteous and respectful when interacting with patients and family members.
- Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance with the organization's policy and procedure and HIPAA requirements.