Pharmacy Technician – Fort Scott, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the Communication Center clinical team. This position is responsible for taking calls from patients regarding medication refills, questions about medications they may be taking, and directing phone calls to appropriate personnel as needed. This position will also be trained to schedule patient appointments as necessary.
- Answers patient calls directed to CHC/SEK'spharmacy.
- Makes calls to promote CHC/SEK services to existing patients not currently utilizing CHC/SEK's pharmacy.
- Works with patients and other pharmacies to complete prescription transfer requests.
- Enters medication refill requests.
- Schedules patient appointments as neessary.
- Maintains a close working relationship with CHC/SEK pharmacy staff, attends pharmacy staff meetings and is attuned to changes in pharmacy personnel, policies, and procedures.
- Performs all duties, services, and documentation in full compliance with CHC/SEK policies and procedures.
- Performs additional duties, as may be assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Pharmacy Tech License.
- Nationally Certified by taking/passing the CPhT, preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient-and employee-base.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the rationale of appropriate patient care.
- Communicates through appropriate channels. Use the proper chain of command for patient complaints.
- Ability to handle emergency situations calmly and effectively.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be able to maintain a good interpersonal relationship with co-workers and other members of the health care team and the organization.
- Provide customer service in accordance to the organizaton's mission.
- Be courteous and respectful when interacting with patients and family members.
- Maintian patient confidentiality in accordance to organization's policy and procedure and HIPPA requirements.