Pharmacist – Pleasanton, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the clinical team. This position is responsible for accurately filling controlled medications, prescribed by Providers, in a timely manner. Provides clear and concise communication with patients, clinical staff, and medical providers.
- Reviews prescription issued by providers to assure accuracy and determine formulas and ingredients needed.
- Responsible for accurately filling controlled medications, prescribed by Providers, in a timely manner.
- Participates in Medication Therapy Management by reviewing patients’ medications and making clinical recommendations to providers based on current guidelines.
- Provides counsel for patients with instructions of medication use.
- Maintains established procedures concerning security of controlled substances, and disposal of hazardous waste.
- Enters data accurately into information system.
- Communicates effectively with clinical staff and Providers.
- Prepares required reporting, as needed.
- Pre-authorizes medications as required by payers.
- Performs all duties, services and documentation in full compliance with CHC/SEK policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must hold current Kansas Pharmacist’s License.
- Maintain Continuing Education as required.
- Previous experience preferred.