Pediatrician – Coffeyville, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas (CHC/SEK) is currently seeking a Full-time Pediatrician that is passionate about making an impact in underserved rural communities. The physician is responsible for delivering preventive, diagnostic, treatment, patient education and referral care rendered by CHC/SEK. This position is accountable for the delivery and quality of all services provided by the provider and any supervised mid-level providers (if applicable). Physician would support fully integrated medical, dental and behavioral health services for high need population.
Positive work environment with a great support staff and a talented team of professionals to manage day-to-day operations allowing you to focus on patient care. All CHC/SEK Clinics are part of a health system with tremendous peer support. Support staff and services include: an extensive onboarding process, in-house IT, EHR support team (eClinicalWorks), medical assistants, medical scribes, RN/LPNs, billing specialist, continuing education management, credentialing, risk management team, in house general counsel, and more. If making a difference makes a difference to you - you belong at the Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas.
- Provides positive impression, through words and tone, to patients, visitors, and employees presenting to the clinic areas.
- Provides complete, comprehensive outpatient care for patients including health examinations and treatment of medical conditions, to include follow-up of problems detected.
- Responsible to manage acute and chronic illness, routine care through care plans that are coordinated, when appropriate, with the patient's behavioral health provider
- Responsible to make appropriate referrals to internal disciplines of CHC/SEK and/or external resources/agencies for additional services required.
- Prescribes medications for patients for treatment of conditions, as indicated.
- Provides clinical consultation to other providers within CHC/SEK as needed.
- Oversee mid-level providers responsible for providing medical services, as assigned.
- Responsible for accurate, timely, and clear medical record documentation.
- Provide appropriate follow-up with clinical support staff to include telephone/written correspondence (e.g. inform patients of test results).
- Provides clear written and oral communication to patients/guardians, and employees.
- Participates in an on-call system for after-hours care and care for CHC/SEK inpatient population, as assigned.
- Ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of a potential action.
- Full licensure to practice medicine in the State of Kansas and Board Certified in appropriate specialty.
- Graduation from accredited medical school and completion of medically recognized residency program.
- A strong community/public health orientation preferred.
- Commitment to serving the underserved.