Patient Navigator – Miami, Oklahoma
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is responsible for a variety of care management activities with a focus on eliminating barriers for patients to access medical, dental, behavioral health services. This person will have knowledge of available resources and programs within CHC/SEK and the community. This position is responsible for maintaining documentation that supports financial assistance and eligibility in special programs.
- Provide a positive first impression, through words and tone, to patients, visitors, employees presenting to the clinic areas.
- Identify the patient’s eligibility for various assistance programs.
- Assist patients with required documentation to access programs.
- Calculate sliding scale to determine patient’s level of Financial Assistance.
- Maintain records to support patient's eligibility for assistance and special programs.
- Assists patients with referrals to specialists, e.g. paperwork, transportation or other barriers.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationships with referring agencies and other providers.
- Participate in CHC/SEK outreach activities and provide assistance, consultation and culturally appropriate health information to improve the delivery of services to low-income children and families.
- Complete all job functions observing confidentiality and HIPAA requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Any combination of education and work experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying
- Able to communicate with others to effectively convey information
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically