Patient Advocate/Communications Center – Pittsburg, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the operations team focusing on customer service. This position is responsible for ensuring that callers’ needs are met, which includes scheduling appointments, directing calls to appropriate clinical staff or to other CHC/SEK resources (i.e. Enabling Services). This position may be the first interaction that patients have with Community Health and practices should not create barriers to care.
- Answers phone calls and responds to other messages (i.e., web requests, voicemail and email) meeting timeliness goals and adhering to established guidelines.
- Identifying any additional needs a patient may have by asking clarifying questions, presenting options or solutions, and escalating to more appropriate staff when needed for resolution.
- Navigate the Electronic Health Record (EHR), system to look for various messages in EHR (Referrals, DI, Labs, Notes, Appointments, Hub, Information Screen, etc.) in order to ensure patients calls are directed to the appropriate staff.
- Schedules appointments accurately in the EHR, including rescheduling as needed, and following guidelines and policies that are in place.
- Identify emergent & urgent calls based on information provided by caller. Transfers calls to nursing staff for triaging or contacting staff inside the EHR for emergent or urgent calls as appropriate.
- Serves as a resource patients, clinical staff and enabling staff members as appropriate in order to meet the patients’ needs.
- Contacts patients to schedule follow up appointments.
- Contacts patients to advise them of campaigns for quality measures as needed.
- Communicates with the patient regarding necessary information that he/she may need to bring with them to assist with their registration experience.
- Conducts reminder appointment phone calls and makes adjustments as needed.
- Performs other duties/tasks as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in clinic, healthcare setting, or call setting, preferred.
- Medical terminology, preferred.