Outreach Dental Assistant – Pittsburg, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the school health outreach dental team. This position is responsible for assisting the dentist or dental hygienist in the direct provision of primary care dental services. This position is responsible for sterilization, preparation, and inventory control of dental instruments and supplies as well as administrative duties needed for the outreach program.
- Serves as the dentists or dental hygienists chair-side assistant;
- Prepares operatory for treatment per clinical protocols and/or dentists or dental hygienists direction;
- Anticipates the sequence of the dental procedure and is prepared in advance of them so that the dentist may work as efficiently as possible;
- Reviews the patient's health history for documentation in the electronic dental record;
- Maintains a sterile and neat working environment;
- Observes universal precautions at all times;
- Maintains adequate outreach dental supplies;
- Assumes the responsibilities associated with any expanded duties that may be delegated by the dentist;
- Support dental outreach activities and administrative duties;
- Assist in preparing for upcoming outreach events;
- Understands state regulations and requirements for each program and successfully executes all paperwork and documentation necessary for each program and CHCSEK;
- Complete all job functions observing confidentiality and HIPAA requirements;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Graduation from a Dental Assisting program is preferred;
- Must be BLS certified;
- Any combination of education and work experience that will likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.