Outreach Assistant – School Health
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the School Health and Outreach team. This position assists with daily tasks, such as registering patients, verification of insurance, referral tracking, distributing medical record information, assisting with financial assistance applications and directing patients to community resources as needed. This position may also function as a Medical Assistant, including giving injections, measuring vital signs, etc.
- Registers patients and enters insurance information and demographics, including scanning documents, to the EHR.
- Maintains consistent patient flow by monitoring scheduling system and overseeing the waiting area.
- Obtain patient consents as required by policy and schedules/re-appoints patients as needed.
- Assists patients with paperwork for financial assistance and other resources either within CHC/SEK or the community as needed.
- Collects and processes patient payments to assure accurate posting on patient account and reconciliation of monies collected. Performs daily check of cash box.
- Tracks referrals to ensure that documentation is obtained for continuity of care.
- Schedules appointments with consulting physicians as requested by medical provider.
- Requests medical documentation from other providers or entities, distributes to appropriate provider and scans documentation into patient record.
- Assists patients searching for other coverage, i.e. marketplace insurance or other possible sources.
- Enters student medical information into the District’s software system to assist with maintenance and updating of student information.
- Communicates with parents and school staff regarding student needs as appropriate for position.
- Interviews patients, measure vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, height, updates medication list and allergies at each visit and records information in EHR.
- Triage patients to ensure effective and efficient patient flow.
- Provides injections or treatments and performs routine laboratory tests.
- Prepares stations for examination of patients; assures all areas are clean.
- Performs additional duties, as may be assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certified as a CNA/CMA preferred
- Valid Driver’s License required as travel is a requirement of the position.