Nursing (RN/LPN)- Pleasanton, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the clinical team. This position is responsible to perform overall nursing care, including triage for walk-in and telephoning patients, immunizations administration. Provides communication link between providers and patients on test results, medications, and continuity of care.
- Provides positive impression, through words and tone, to patients, visitors and employees presenting to the clinic areas;
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, updates medication list, allergies at each visit and records information in EMR;
- Provides injections or treatments, and performs routine laboratory tests;
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients; assures all rooms are clean and dispose of trash in rooms;
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments. Inventory and stock medical supplies and materials;
- Maintains consistent patient flow by monitoring scheduling system;
- Transports specimens, equipment or supplies utilizing appropriate and safe techniques;
- Facilitates communication with patient on test results, compliance with prescriptions, and refills;
- Supports all providers in their care for patients to include specialty specific procedures/tests;
- Performs all duties, services and documentation in full compliance with CHC/SEK policies and procedures.
- Possession of a valid Kansas license as registered nurse or licensed practical nurse;
- Two years nursing experience in an outpatient clinic, preferred;
- Able to communicate with others to effectively convey information;
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient-and employee-base.
- Computer literacy.