Pediatric Nurse(RN/LPN) – Coffeyville, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the clinical team. This position is responsible to perform overall nursing care, including telephoning patients, and immunizations administration. Provides communication link between providers and patients on test results, medications, and continuity of care.
Primary Care Hours
- Provides positive impression, through words and tone, to patients, visitors and employees presenting to the clinic areas;
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, updates medication list, allergies at each visit and records information in EMR;
- Provides injections or treatments, and performs routine laboratory tests;
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients; assures all rooms are clean and dispose of trash in rooms;
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments. Inventory and stock medical supplies and materials;
- Maintains consistent patient flow by monitoring scheduling system;
- Transports specimens, equipment or supplies utilizing appropriate and safe techniques;
- Facilitates communication with patient on test results, compliance with prescriptions, and refills;
- Supports all providers in their care for patients to include specialty specific procedures/tests;
- Performs all duties, services and documentation in full compliance with CHC/SEK policies and procedures.
- Possession of a valid Kansas license as registered nurse or licensed practical nurse;
- Two years nursing experience in an outpatient clinic, preferred;
- Able to communicate with others to effectively convey information;
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient-and employee-base.
- Computer literacy.