Network Administrator – Pittsburg, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is a part of the Information System team. This position is responsible for maintaining the computing environment by identifying network requirements, installing upgrades and monitoring network performance. This position assesses the viability of the network to address the needs of the organization.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Establishes network specification by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information and security requirement; designing router/switch administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, etc.; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration and testing of equipment; defining network problems, escalating problems to vendor.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis and performance tuning; troubleshooting problems and escalating problems to vendor.
- Document procedures and troublshoting techniques related to network systems and network software and hardwared. Faciliate the demonstration and training of IT staff in the use of new hardware and software products.
- Responsible for configuration, installation, maintenance, monitoring and upgrades to all servers, operating systems and storage devices.
- Maintains security and business continuity practices on all systems including daily data backup and protection processes. Provides security/system reports to Administrative staff when requested.
- Receives hardware and software into system.
- Builds, tests, and implements servers per specifications.
- Assist Administration with an assessment of technology needs, including pricing, as needed.
- Ensures and maintains proper storage systems for each server whether directly attached or part of the corporate SAN.
- Schedules/Coordinates implementation of server and storage system changes with all affected users within the organization (other system owners/users, applications, telecommunications, management, etc). Ensures all changes strictly follow the organizations change control process.
- Responsible for ensuring contracted obligations are adhered to, such as licensing requirements.
- Keeping track of scheduled system upgrades.
- Update administration of changes in maintenance costs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree with certifications (Networking, Security, CMWA (Certified Wireless Network Administrator), Comp Tia 701 and 702) or Bachelors degree in related field.
- At least three (3) years of experience in a healthcare setting.
- Valid driver’s license as travel is a requirement of the position.