Medical Scribe-Iola, KS
POSITION: Medical Scribe
REPORTS TO: Lead Nurse
DIRECT REPORTS: None
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
Monday-8:30am-6pm, Tuesday 8:30am-6pm, Wednesday 8:30am-6pm, Thursday-OFF, Friday 8:30-5:30 (30 min lunches)
The core values of Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas (CHC/SEK) are dignity and stewardship. Each staff member is expected to perform their job duties in a way that preserves dignity for our patients and maintains good stewardship of the Center's resources.
The scribe position is part of the clinical team. This position is responsible for accurately and thoroughly gathering and transcribing medical information into the electronic medical record (EMR) during a patient's encounters with a provider. This position should have a comprehensive knowledge of the EMR in order to provide consistent documentation and identify errors in medical documentation. The scribe should anticipate the provider's needs in order to facilitate the flow of patients through the clinic.
- Act as an extension of the provider performing documentation.
- Accurately and thoroughly document medical visits and procedures as they are being performed by the provider and at the direction of the provider, including but not limited to:
- medical history and physical exam,
- clinical data, lab, x-ray, or other test results,
- procedures and treatment including orders as specified by the provider,
- provider interpretations of results,
- medication and prescription updates and orders,
- patient education,
- patient/family follow-up and self-care,
- Enter lab information/results.
- On occasion may sort and scan medical documentation into the electronic medical record.
- Collect the data for Meaningful Use, UDS reporting, PCMH, clinic performance improvement activities, and other program accreditations.
- Collaborate with clinic support staff to assure the patient's electronic record is complete.
- Comply with specific standards that apply to the legal and ethical requirements for preparing medical documents and protecting patient's health information.
- High school diploma required.
- Able to type 50 words per minute.
- Experience in a clinic or healthcare setting including familiarity with medical terms, preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient-and employee-base
- Communicates through appropriate channels. Use proper chain of command for patient complaints.
- Ability to handle emergency situations calmly and effectively.
- Must be computer literate, especially with Microsoft Office products and with the EHR application.
- Must be able to maintain good inter-personal relationship with co-workers and other members of the health care team and the organization.
- Provide customer service in accordance to the organization’s mission.
- Be courteous and respectful when interacting with patients and family members.
- Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance to organization’s policy and procedure and HIPAA requirements.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.