Medical Records Clerk- Pittsburg, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the revenue team. This position is responsible for helping to ensure that medical, behavioral health, dental records are released to requesting entities in accordance with state and federal laws. This position coordinates with the patient care team to request records to assure continuity of care. This position is responsible for scanning documents into the patients' record to assure a complete electronic file.
- Provides positive first impression, through words and tone, to patients, visitors and employees presenting to the clinic areas;
- Sorts and scans medical documentation into the electronic medical record;
- Assures that records are destroyed per policy;
- Completes requests for medical information from other providers or entities to support continued patient care;
- Copies medical records in accordance with Federal HIPAA and state confidentiality laws;
- Create invoices for billing medical records released;
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Experience in a clinic, healthcare setting, or call setting preferred;
- Computer literacy;
- Able to communicate with others to effectively convey information;
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient and employee-base.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands arms and talk to hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.