Community Vaccine Assistant
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Community Vaccine Assistant will support the Vaccine Compliance Coordinator, Vaccine Support Specialist, Occupational Health Coordinator and CHC CHAT Team in delivering vaccinations, and related services, in to the communities served by CHC\SEK. Responsibilities to include assisting in the planning, organization, and execution of community vaccine events. Completing timely and accurate data entry and insurance verifications for outreach events. Assist with redistribution and transport of vaccine within the organization as needed while upholding CHC/SEK, VFC, OKDH, and KDHE vaccine standards and requirements throughout the organization. Use vaccine handling knowledge to serve as support to the Pittsburg and Pittsburg South Vaccine Coordinators.
- Responsible for documenting community vaccine; including patient registration, confirming insurance eligibility, entering demographics, placing on schedule, documenting vaccine given, scanning consent forms and other documents collected during community outreach events.
- Assist Vaccine Compliance Coordinator and Vaccine Support Specialist in identifying, scheduling, and organizing community outreach
- Execute and/or assist in community vaccine outreach events as needed ensuring all CDC, KDHE, OKDH and CHC vaccine transport and administration policies are upheld; ensuring compliance and patient safety measures are in place.
- Work with the CHC CHAT team to identify vaccination needs of patients of all ages according to ACIP immunization guidelines, assist in preparing patient specific vaccine packs the CHAT staff can take and administer to their patients in the community; complete needed data entry upon CHAT staff’s return.
- Work with appropriate staff in identifying businesses that would benefit from outreach events in their facilities. Assist with organization and execution of events as needed, complete all data entry upon completion of events.
- Provide vaccination & data entry support for School Health and School Outreach staff during vaccination events such as enrollments and in-school flu clinics.
- Work with Vaccine Compliance Coordinator and Vaccine Support Specialist in overseeing vaccine inventory in the CHC\SEK organization – ensuring vaccine stock to meet outreach demands; assist with stock redistributions and vaccine transport as needed.
- Work with Pittsburg and Pittsburg South Vaccine Coordinators, serving as support in vaccine stock handling and reconciliation processes.
- Maintain current access to Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma State Immunization registries.
- Complete CDC You Call the Shots Vaccine Modules, Storage & Handling and VFC modules required yearly.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s License required; travel is a requirement of the position.
- Experience working with vaccine in a healthcare setting is preferred.
- Should possess computer skills with ability to learn use of immunization registries and EHR software.
- Ability to accept direction, prioritize tasks, work independently and ask for help when needed.