Behavioral Health APRN
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the behavioral health team. This position is responsible for evaluating and diagnosing patients with mental illness following established standards of practice. This position shall be authorized to make independent decisions about advanced practice clinical needs of patients and mental health decisions based on authorization from collaborative practice with psychiatrist.
- Interviews patient about symptoms and complaints to determine the bases of condition.
- Responsible to manage acute and chronic mental illness through care plans that are coordinated, when appropriate, with the patient's primary care provider.
- Responsible to make appropriate referrals to internal disciplines of CHC/SEK and/or external resources/agencies for additional services required.
- Prescribes medications for patients for treatment of conditions in collaboration with psychiatrist or primary care providers.
- Monitors patient on medication for their use and documented treatment results.
- Responsible for accurate, timely, and clear medical record documentation.
- Observes clinic protocols and guidelines and scope of practice as determined by professional regulatory agencies.
- Supervises healthcare students as assigned.
- Provide appropriate follow-up with clinical support staff to include telephone/written correspondence (e.g. inform patients of test results).
- Provides clear written and oral communication to patients/guardians, and employees.
- Participates in quality improvement activities.
- Full licensure to practice medicine in the State of Kansas.
- Graduate of accredited physician assistant program, accredited advanced nurse practitioner or clinical nurse specialist program.
- Completion of one-year experience in clinic setting, preferred.
- A strong community/public health orientation, preferred.
- Commitment to serving the underserved.