Medical Assistant (MA)- Pittsburg, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the clinical team. This position is responsible for the initial interactions with patients, such as escorting patients, taking vitals, setting up and breaking down exam rooms, injections, labs, and other related duties. Responsible for moving patients through the clinic efficiently and effectively. Communicates with customers, employees and other individuals to disseminate or explain information.
- Provides positive impression, through words and tone, to patients, visitors and employees presenting to the clinic areas;
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, updates medication list, allergies at each visit and records information in EHR;
- Provides injections or treatments and performs routine laboratory tests;
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients; assures all rooms are clean and dispose of trash in rooms;
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments; inventories medical supplies and materials;
- Maintains consistent patient flow by monitoring scheduling system;
- Supports all Providers in their care for patients to include specialty-specific procedures/tests;
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Graduation from a certified CMA/CNA program preferred;
- Experience in a clinical or health care setting;
- Computer literacy;
- Able to communicate with others to effectively convey information;
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient and employee-base.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Hazardous waste material inventories and MSDS available. Wear personal protective equipment as needed. May be exposed to patients/public with communicable diseases.