Medical Assistant- Crawford County
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the clinical team. This position is responsible for the initial interactions with patients, such as escorting patients, taking vital signs, setting up and breaking down exam rooms, injections, labs and other related duties. Responsible for moving patients through the clinic efficiently and effectively. Communicates with customers, employees, and other individuals to disseminate or explain information.
- Provides positive impression, through words and tone, to patients, visitors and employees presenting to the clinic areas;
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, updates medication list, allergies at each visit and records information in EMR;
- Provides injections or treatments, and performs routine laboratory tests;
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients; assures all rooms are clean and dispose of trash in rooms;
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments. Inventories medical supplies and materials;
- Maintains consistent patient flow by monitoring scheduling system;
- Transports specimens, equipment or supplies utilizing appropriate and safe techniques;
- Supports all Providers in their care for patients to include specialty specific procedures/tests;
- Performs all duties, services and documentation in full compliance with CHC/SEK policies and procedures;
- Performs other related duties as may assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Graduation from a certified CMA/CNA program is preferred;
- Experience in clinic or healthcare setting;
- Computer literacy;
- Able to communicate with others to effectively convey information.