Materials Manager – Pittsburg, Kansas
This position is responsible for evaluating and ordering supplies, furnishings and equipment to meet patient and staff needs. Meets with vendors to discuss products and services offered, including pricing, delivery and availability. Evaluates need for new products based on evolving organizational needs and determines method of procurement in keeping with CHC/SEK policies and procedures. Stewardship of CHC/SEK resources is critical and this position will need to continually seek to balance short-term value with quality and long-term costs.
- Coordinates activities involved with procuring supplies, furnishings and equipment, reviews and approves requisitions in keeping with CHC/SEK policies and procedures.
- Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Utilizes purchase data to maximize resources, such as bulk purchases at discounted prices.
- Selects products for purchase by testing, observing, or examining items.
- Estimates values according to knowledge of market price.
- Determines method of procurement, such as direct purchase or bid.
- Prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
- Regularly evaluates contracts with sole source vendors to determine a schedule to solicit competitive bids.
- Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Approves invoices for payment.
- Coordinates the delivery of goods to users.
- Supervises assigned staff including direction of work, performance evaluation, hiring and discipline.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum five (5) years in healthcare purchasing, procurement or materials management position preferred.
- Any combination of education and work experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
- Valid Driver’s License as travel is required for this position.