Maintenance Technician – Pittsburg, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the environmental/facility team. This position is responsible to maintain machinery, equipment, and physical structures. Responsible for preventative maintenance on electrical/HVAC, generator and vehicle fleet. Responsible for following universal precautions and Material Safety Data Sheets requirements.
- Provides a positive impression, through words and tone, to patients, visitors and employees presenting to the clinic.
- Evaluates defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Performs preventive maintenance and light repairs in and around facilities some which require extension ladder and roof-top confidence.
- Maintains vehicle fleet including cleaning, routine maintenance, and facilitating repairs.
- Provides support to the mobile health clinic vehicle including training on van's operational and mechanical systems.
- Troubleshoots and repairs minor plumbing and electrical problems; replaces a variety of light bulbs.
- Light grounds keeping as needed which may include power washing, sidewalk sweeping, snow removal and de-icing.
- Reports and responds to immediate or emergency calls for maintenance assistance.
- Provides support for duties assigned to custodial technicians.
- Maintains inventory and submits written requests for needed supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Any combination of education and work experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
- Able to communicate with others to effectively convey information.
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient-and employee-base.