Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LSCSW)-Iola
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is part of the behavioral clinical team. This position is responsible for providing psychiatric social work assistance to patients through assessment, intervention, evaluation and monitoring patient progress. Collaborates with medical and behavioral health team in treatment of patients. Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Provides positive impression, through words and tone, to patients, visitors, and employees presenting to the clinic areas;
- Provides mental health screening, assessment, evaluate, monitor and provide brief, focused intervention to include individual and family therapy;
- Counsels individuals or family members regarding behavior modifications, rehabilitation, social adjustments;
- Interviews individuals to assess social and emotional capabilities, physical and mental impairments;
- Refers client to community resources for needed assistance;
- Arranges for medical, psychiatric, and other tests that may disclose cause of difficulties and indicate remedial measures;
- Participates in quality improvement activities;
- Responsible for accurate, timely, and clear medical record documentation;
- Provides clear written and oral communication to patients/guardians, and employees.
- Possession of a valid Kansas license as licensed clinical social worker;
- Two years social work experience in an outpatient clinic, preferred;
- Able to communicate with other to effectively convey information;
- Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient-and employee-base;
- Computer literacy.