Laboratory Coordinator – Pittsburg, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Laboratory Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the functions of all laboratory testing across all the CHC/SEK clinics to include in-house testing and third-party approved vendor. This position performs daily venipunctures, specimen processing and troubleshooting for all clinic sites across CHC who perform in-house and send-out testing.
- Assist with development, implementation and evaluation of departmental policies and procedures. Make recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards and procedures.
- Obtains blood samples demonstrating adequate skill. Can perform venipuncture, heel and finger sticks with minimal trauma to the patient.
- Maintain accurate quality control records for assigned clinic and assures all clinic sites are following established protocols and procedures.
- Monitors electronic health record for outstanding labs and follows up monthly with applicable clinical leads.
- May orient new staff on methods, procedures and techniques applicable to lab operations.
- Assists laboratory staff across organization in daily operations of lab functions.
- Performs routinely and yearly assessment of electronic health record for content applicable to 3rd party assigned test and CPT codes.
- Assist with organization and supply management ensuring quality items at lowest cost.
- Maintain a strong operational understanding of processes related to 3rd party lab vendor at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare related field preferred.
- Laboratory experience, clinic or hospital setting preferred.
- Managerial experience preferred.