IT Help Desk Operator – Pittsburg, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is a part of the Information Technology team. This position answers the IT help desk phone line and email, creates an IT ticket and resolves the issue for the caller. Calls may be forwarded to other IT staff depending on need. Assists in the tracking and movement of Information Technology assests. This position also assists in desktop hardware configuration, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and upgrades.
- Answers IT phone line or responds to help desk email from users, including unlocking EHR users and resetting EHR passwords, etc.
- Utilizes ticketing system to create, track and resolve issues for end users, including logging basic tickets with eClinicalworks, such as system down, immediate impract to patient care).
- Monitors software systems, networks, and hardware; reports problems to appropriate staff for resolution.
- Direct EHR users on basic EHR issues and directs them to appropriate EHR staff member or education/training tools and guides.
- Performs diagnostics and repairs of desktop computer hardware including printers, scanners, and related equipment when performance is degraded or equipment has failed.
- Performs supervised maintenance of equipment.
- Able to diagnose and replace external and internal parts.
- Performs installation of new or cascaded desktop computers and peripheral equipment.
- Has an understanding of the overall architecture of the CHCSEK network system and contact network or server personnel when their expertise is required.
- Receives all desktop related hardware and software from Receiving Dock. Ensure that all orders are received and labeled following standard procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Basic knowledge of computer information technology principles and techniques preferred.
- Experience in healthcare information technology preferred.
- Any combination of education and work experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.