Internal Medicine Physician – Multiple Locations
Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas is looking for Internal Medicine Physicians for the following locations:
ABOUT THE POSITION
Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas (CHC/SEK) is a progressive, well-resourced rural FQHC. CHC/SEK is seeking a full-time Internal Medicine physician for in-clinic and inpatient care in a Patient-Centered Medical Home environment providing integrated medical, dental, behavioral health and addiction treatment to 25% of the county's residents in a high needs population. Supervision of one or more mid-levels; student-friendly clinic provides opportunity to inspire the next generation. In-house x-ray; radiologist overreads, walk-in care, dental, physical therapy, chiropractic, and dietician services are all available on site. Facility (built in 2007) is well equipped and serves a wide variety of patients.
Positive work environment with great support staff made up of talented professionals to manage day-to-day operations allowing you to focus on patient care. Support staff and services include: an extensive onboarding process, patient navigators, pregnancy case managers, certified doulas, pharmacists, in-house IT, EHR support team (eClinicalWorks), medical assistants, medical scribes, RN/LPNs, billing specialists, continuing education management, credentialing, risk management team, in house general counsel, and more. If making a difference makes a difference to you - you belong at the Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas.
- Provides positive impression, through words and tone, to patients, visitors, and employees presenting to the clinic areas.
- Provides complete, comprehensive outpatient care for patients including health examinations and treatment of medical conditions, to include follow-up of problems detected.
- Responsible to manage acute and chronic illness, routine care through care plans that are coordinated, when appropriate, with the patient's behavioral health provider
- Responsible to make appropriate referrals to internal disciplines of CHC/SEK and/or external resources/agencies for additional services required.
- Prescribes medications for patients for treatment of conditions, as indicated.
- Provides clinical consultation to other providers within CHC/SEK as needed.
- Oversee mid-level providers responsible for providing medical services, as assigned.
- Responsible for accurate, timely, and clear medical record documentation.
- Provide appropriate follow-up with clinical support staff to include telephone/written correspondence (e.g. inform patients of test results).
- Provides clear written and oral communication to patients/guardians, and employees.
- Participates in an on-call system for after-hours care and care for CHC/SEK inpatient population, as assigned.
- Ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of a potential action.
- Full licensure to practice medicine in the State of Kansas and Board Certified in appropriate specialty.
- Graduation from accredited medical school and completion of medically recognized residency program.
- A strong community/public health orientation preferred.
- Commitment to serving the underserved.