Human Resources Coordinator- Pittsburg, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is a part of the Human Resources team. This position works with Finance staff, supervisors and staff at all locations. This position assists supervisors with the recruitment and hiring process, including interviewing and background checks. The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for the worker’s compensation program, including reporting and follow up of injured employees, and coordination of leaves of absence ensuring appropriate documentation is in place, tracking of time off, communication with staff member and supervisor as needed. The position helps organize, coordinate and carry out other human resource department projects and processes for the organization. They work directly with and assist the Vice President of Human Resources to fulfill a variety of necessary HR tasks.
- Coordinate recruitment of vacant positions, including advertising, in conjunction with Marketing and Communication staff. Participates in other recruitment activities such as job fairs and online advertising.
- Reviews applications/resumes for position minimum qualifications and distributes to supervisory staff.
- Facilitate the interview process, including scheduling (if needed) or assisting supervisors with interviews. Ensure that documentation from interviews is collected and kept with the applicant’s information.
- Conducts applicable refences and background checks.
- Ensure that benefit information is shared with applicants as well as new hires.
- Ensure the onboarding process is started and completed prior to the new employee’s date of hire. Communicates with supervisory staff regarding new employee status.
- Assure licensure is current for staff (providers are not included) and documented in the personnel file.
- Assist management staff with discipline process as needed.
- Manages workers’ compensation program, ensuring timely reporting and trending of employee events.
- Maintains the OSHA logs related to employee injuries/illnesses.
- Coordinates the leave management process for all types of leaves of absence, including ensuring required documentation is received and communicating with the employee and appropriate supervisor regarding approval of leave of absence and during the leave.
- Track required employee paperwork, maintain and perform annual audit of employee files.
- Assist employees with benefit questions. May facilitate communication between benefit vendors and staff.
- Assures all state and federal labor laws are updated, communicated and visible at all clinic sites.
- Completes other require reporting (i.e. EEO-1) and surveys as needed.
- Assist with policy updates and development.
- Is a resource for staff and supervisors regarding benefits, payroll, and other HR related issues.
- Performs all duties, services and documentation in full compliance with CHC/SEK policies and procedures.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- High school diploma required.
- Minimum Bachelors’ degree preferred.
- Three (3) to (5) years of Human Resources experience.
- Valid driver’s license as travel is a requirement of the position.