Human Resources Assistant – Pittsburg, Kansas
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is a part of the Human Resources team. This position is responsible for providing administrative support in the areas of recruitment, administration of benefits, maintenance of personnel files, and employee recognition. This position also supports the Executive team as needed.
- Assists with the new hire process ensuring that all paper is completed and processed timely.
- Ensures that employees are enrolled in appropriate benefit plans and makes necessary changes as employees’ status changes.
- Reviews benefit billing reports and contact the appropriate vendor of any changes.
- Coordinates new employee orientation, including notification to presenters, employees, and supervisors, and orientation packets.
- Assists with employee background checks, including employment references and processing of criminal background checks.
- Responsible to track a variety of employee information, such as disciplinary actions, evaluations, and licensure.
- Processes requests for employment verifications, such as income verifications
- Maintains employee personnel files. Conducts file audits as requested.
- Assists with organizing employee recognition events.
- Process personnel action forms as needed. Communicates with Payroll for processing of employment changes.
- Ensures confidentiality of employee personnel information and performs all duties, services, and documentation in full compliance with CHC/SEK policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Three to five years of experience in human resources field or as an administrative assistant preferred.