The core values of Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas, Inc. (CHC/SEK) are dignity and stewardship. Each staff member is expected to perform their job duties in a way that preserves dignity for our patients and maintains good stewardship of CHC/SEK’s resources.
This position is a part of the Human Resources team. This position works with Finance staff, supervisors and staff at all locations. This position assists supervisors with the recruitment and hiring process, including interviewing and background checks. This position makes edits/updates to our career listings on our CHC website along with our job postings on Indeed. They work directly with and assist the Vice President of Human Resources and Human Resources Director to fulfill a variety of necessary HR tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coordinate recruitment of vacant positions, including advertising, in conjunction with Marketing and Communication staff. Participates in other recruitment activities such as job fairs and online advertising.
2. Reviews applications/resumes for position minimum qualifications and distributes to supervisory staff.
3. Facilitate the interview process, including scheduling (if needed) or assisting supervisors with interviews. Ensure that documentation from interviews is collected and kept with the applicant’s information.
4. Conducts applicable refences and background checks.
5. Ensure that benefit information is shared with applicants as well as new hires.
6. Ensure the onboarding process is started and completed prior to the new employee’s date of hire. Communicates with supervisory staff regarding new employee status.
7. Assure licensure is current for staff (providers are not included) and documented in the personnel file.
8. Assist management staff with discipline process as needed.
9. Assist employees with benefit questions. May facilitate communication between benefit vendors and staff.
10. Is a resource for staff and supervisors regarding benefits, payroll, and other HR related issues.
11. Performs all duties, services and documentation in full compliance with CHC/SEK policies and procedures.
12. Performs all other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
1. High school diploma required.
2. Minimum Bachelors’ degree preferred.
3. Three (3) to (5) years of Human Resources experience.
4. Valid driver’s license as travel is a requirement of the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient-and employee-base.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of the rationale of appropriate patient care.
3. Must be organized and able to manage/prioritize tasks to meet deadlines, adapts to change in a positive manner, able to work as a part of a team.
4. Communicates through appropriate channels. Use proper chain of command for patient complaints.
5. Ability to handle emergency situations calmly and effectively.
6. Must be computer literate, especially with Microsoft Office products and be proficient with the Electronic Health Record software related to scheduling pre-employment assessments.
7. Must be able to maintain good inter-personal relationship with co-workers and other members of the health care team and the organization.
8. Provide customer service in accordance to the organization’s mission.
9. Be courteous and respectful when interacting with patients and family members.
10. Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance to organization’s policy and procedure and HIPAA requirements.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to operate computer keyboard, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Computer work is frequent. Good lighting and comfortable temperature of ventilation at all times.